Simple Mom is giving away some cloth diapers! Click over to check it out!!!
Well, no, I’m not having a contest, but KnitPurlGurl is!!! GO check it out!
Look at what I won from Knittymuggins????
I entered her 200 posts contest and I won! And I NEVER win anything from blog contests so this was very very cool! She sent me one skein of Farmhouse Yarn Silk Blend in Turkey Red, lots of Dove chocolates and two Soak! Thank you so much!
So I wanted to amend the meme I did few days ago. If I have a billion dollars, the FIRST THING I would so is to hire myself a chauffeur!!!! How could I forget!? That will give me more time to knit while going to places!!!!
And here are a couple of things I forgot to mentioned from our trip -
Isn’t it beautiful? I can’t paint for anything and it’s so awesome to have a piece of art hanging outside our house.
Another thing I forgot to post about is a good find I got from the antique store where I got my yarn winder.
I don’t know exactly what it’s called, but it holds the cone steady and let it spin while I knit from it! The yarn came with the gadget feels like cotton to me, but I don’t really know for sure. I know that it will be perfect when I knit with my zephyr cones.
And I suppose I should really post some knitting progress:
The Woodland shawl is coming along, although not as fast as I would have liked. I am itching for this one to be done so I can start something else, with fat needles and fat yarn that can be finished in a few days! We’ll see when that can happen!
With that said, I should really get some knitting in before the day ends. I got quite a few things done in the garden and also I went to the farmer’s market, but that means no knitting has been done!!!! Not good! Me Go, NOW!
I’ve been busy. Busy with research. Research for what? You asked. Well, it’s not definite yet, but David and I are looking into opening a yarn shop. YES, a Yarn Shop! We already have a name for it, but we are still in the planning stage. We’ve been going around to see some retail spaces and I’ve contacted several people for whole sale info and consignment info. I will be meeting with my friend this Thursday to go over some other details regarding in yarn. So far everything is looking promising and I am super happy about it. The shop will open on week nights and weekends, so I won’t be quitting Schick any time soon – gotta make sure I survive first! Plus I always wanted to open the yarn shop during those hours anyways – because I don’t know any shops that opens on Sundays and late on every week night.
I will keep you all updated as the plan develops.
On the knitting front, I have done 3 repeats of the chart B on MoonDance and I also started the pig for my hot cocoa pal. It will be her “Beat the Winter Blahs Buddy!” I don’t have any pictures as my camera is dead and I can’t find the charger. Of course, I got Archiknist right at my disposal for questions so it is going smooth sailing. Speaking of Archiknist, click over to send her some love – She broke her arm and her chin while running (tripping is such a tricky thing!) so she will only have limited knitting time.
And one last thing, Cass is running her post #444 contest so click over and enter! Don’t forget to tell her I send you over!
So I got a partner now So exciting! I can’t wait to get started. And to start this cool swap, here is a scavenger hunt and getting to know the participants:
1. Who’s favorite animal is an Otter? Anne K.
2. Name someone who prefers whipped cream with their hot cocoa. Devin H.
3. Find 3 people who live outside of the United States. Maria M. in Japan, Alex E. in Germany, Geraldine P. in Ireland
4. Name a fan of Harry Potter. Angela A-H. A Ravenclaw!
5. Name someone who crochets. Nicole D.
6. Name someone who DOES NOT have a healthy supply of notions. Emma G.
7. Name someone who has NOT put up their questionnaire yet (just put a date with your answer in case they put it up after seeing their name listed somewhere ). Ana Sofia F. Date: 01/07/08
8. Who likes to have Kahlua, Baileys, or Peppermint Schnapps in their cocoa? Paula B-E with Peppermint for Butterscotch Schnapps, or Godiva Liqueur.
9. Name someone who knits fingerless gloves as a ‘quick knit’. Sarah J. designed it herself too!
10.Name someone who’s looking forward to gardening this spring. Amanda R.
11.Who’s favorite way to drink cocoa is with a gorgeous Frenchman, while overlooking the eiffel tower from a French Cafe? (I’m right there with you… well at the table next to yours!) Kris L. Man that sounds awesome!
12.Name someone who’s favorite animal is NOT a dog or house cat. Amanda D.
13. Name someone who’s favorite treat is NOT chocolate. Nelda G. mmm Popcorn…
14. Who plays Candyland? Criquette, but she is burned out from playing too much.
15. Name someone who DOESN’T get the winter blahs. Katherine S. She only gets any day of the year blah sometimes
Now, do I win something to be the first one completing this? I mean I link it and everything!!!!
And, go check out Coconut Cupcakes‘s contest on Favorite Things! Let her know you went there because of me, please?
Well, no, I’m not running a contest, but Golden Purl is! Click over to check out her contest. Leave her a comment and you are in. Make sure you mention I, jennsquared, referred you over and I’ll get one more chance in the contest. Now go win some yummy stuff!